This was our very first project in the Software Engineering program. I will admit I was super overwhelmed by the requirements for this project. We were asked to scrape or use an API from a site pertaining to a topic we enjoy. I originally chose animals but could not find a simple enough website about animals to pull data from. I ended up choosing recipes because I love to cook (most of the time).

When I started this project some of the study groups and videos that were provided really helped me! Those videos gave me a better understanding about setting up our project. Setting up our gem and coding the basic structure of it was pretty easy. When it came to pulling data from my API is when I ran into some problems. I was overthinking about how I would manipulate the data given but through A LOT of trial and error I finally got the hang of it. Iteration has been a challenge for me from the beginning but I am a lot more comfortable with it now. After I got the gem working and displaying the data I was able to make changes and tweaks to the CLI aspect. I ran my program many times until I was satisfied in how it looked to a user.

To be honest I did not think I would’ve made it this far into the program and I am glad I did! It has been a roller coaster of emotions and a lot of sleepless nights. I am very proud of this project and I am excited to see what is in store for us!